If you'd like to increase your home’s value, consider a kitchen makeover. The kitchen is one area that’s on every homebuyer's checklist. With this in mind, consider these ideas for kitchen remodels.
1. CabinetsHomebuyers take a long look at kitchen cabinets. If your cabinetry is dated, consider upgrading to a better quality material such as hardwood. Alternatively, rigid thermofoil cabinets are constructed from PVC vinyl film for a brighter, durable and more economical alternative. Cabinet design? Focus on a modern, clean look.
2. Brighten it upLighting is essential in a kitchen. The brighter it is, the more appealing it is to buyers. If natural light is limited, add spotlights and undercabinet lighting. You can install white tiles for a brighter and cleaner look. Another choice is using a big horizontal mirror as a backsplash, running all the way up to the bottom of the upper cabinets. This makes for a brighter look and an illusion of space.
3. ColorAdd a fresh coat of paint to your kitchen, especially in light colors that make the area seem larger. Plain white walls not only let the cabinets, countertops and flooring stand out but also give a clean look. Off-white or beige are good alternatives if white appears too sterile. If you are creative, try pairing white with warmer accents to enliven your kitchen.
4. Energy-efficient appliancesAppliance upgrades add value to your home, so it’s advisable to replace older ones with Energy Star appliances. They are better for the environment and help save you money by using less energy. In addition, buyers often are looking for ways to save money. Choose brands that have a good reputation for reliability.
5. CountertopsReplace laminate countertops with natural stone such as granite or marble. Natural stone slabs add monetary value and visual appeal because it reflects high-quality. Marble is ideal for baking and making pastries because the countertop remains cool. Granite is very durable, can withstand direct contact with hot pans and is difficult to scratch.
It can be time-consuming to remodel a kitchen,but it’s definitely worth the effort. A modern, bright and clean-looking kitchen complete with modern appliances will surely appeal to the majority of homebuyers when you decide to sell your home. Not satisfied with concepts discussed here? Engage the services of a qualified interior designer for even more kitchen remodel ideas. They will help with planning and typically know how to get the best prices on the market for counter-tops and other design materials.