Celebrate Cinco de Mayo 2018: Fiestas & Events around Houston
May 2, 2018 |
Commemorate Cinco de Mayo 2018 as the fifth approaches with a weekend full of celebrations, cervezas, margaritas, and Mexican food all over the city.
Take part in all of this year’s revelry with our list of top Cinco de Mayo festivities and events from Thursday, May 3 to Sunday, May 6, 2018.
Cinco de Mayo 2018 Festivities & Events
- Cinco de Mayo Weekend at Arnaldo Richards’ Picos | Thursday, May 3 through Sunday, May 6 – The
vibrant Mexican eatery will be celebrating Cinco de Mayo all weekend long, starting with a Tequila Herradura Dinner on Thursday, margarita specials on Friday, an all-day Fiesta Under the Big Top on Saturday, and a Cinco De Mayo Recovery Brunch
on Sunday. Prices and times vary per day.
- Cinco de Mayo at El Big Bad | Friday, May 4 to Sunday, May 6 | No Cover – El Big Bad is back at it with a Cinco de Mayo fiesta. Last year’s bash featured liquid nitrogen margaritas, tequila sampling, DJs, face painting, a boozy brunch and more. Times vary per day.
- Cinco de Mayo at Traders Village Houston | Saturday, May 5 and Sunday, May 6 | No Cover –Traders
Village Houston hosts a 2-day Cinco de Mayo celebration for the whole family. There will be 3 stages with live music, shopping, amusement rides, and more. Noon to 6pm each day.
Cinco de Mayo, Saturday, May 5, 2018
- LULAC District VIII Cinco de Mayo Parade in Downtown | FREE – Enjoy Mexican culture as LULAC District 8 presents a festive Cinco de Mayo parade at Minute Maid Park in Downtown. 10am to noon.
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration at The Woodlands Children’s Museum – The Woodlands Children’s Museum hosts a Cinco de Mayo event featuring performances from the Chikawa Aztec Dancers, a cultural performance by Ballet Folklorico, and a special reading of the book, Cinco de Mouse O. This event is included with general admission to the museum. 10am to 2pm.
- Cinco in the City: Family Experience at Silver Street Studios
– Celebrate Mexican culture with a family-friendly, all-ages celebration with tastings from popular local restaurants,
dance performances, mariachis, Frida Kahlo art exhibits, and more. The event refreshes in the evening for an adult-friendly celebration of margaritas and mezcal,
with a separate entry fee. $10; $5 ages 12 and under. 11am to 3pm.
- 3rd Annual Cinco de Mile Block Party on Washington Ave – Make your way to Washington Avenue for the 3rd Annual Cinco de Mile Block Party and enjoy raffles, drinks, a flea market and live entertainment from Mariachi bands and Folklorico dancers. Bars participating include Clutch Bar, Lincoln Bar,
Fuego’s Saloon, and Concrete Cowboy. Tickets range from $10 to $20. 11am to 2am.
- Cinco de Mayo Parking Lot Party at Pistolero’s | No Cover – Pistolero’s tequila bar in Montrose hosts an all-day Cinco de Mayo Parking Lot Party with specials on margaritas, DJs, and a photo booth. Food and drinks are on you. 11am to 2am.
- Cinco de Mayo All Day Party at Last Concert Cafe – Make your way to Last Concert Cafe for a Cinco de Mayo party that includes live music from local artists and a special Doomsday Wrestling performance. Free to attend before 5pm. $10 after 5pm. 11:30am to 2am.
- Cinco de Mayo Houston at Navigation Esplanade | No Cover – Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with your family and friends at Navigation Esplanade in the East End. This party will include live music, drinks, activities for the kids, Ballet Folklorico dances, and plenty of delicious traditional Mexican food.
- Cinco de Mayo and Derby Day at Eight Row Flint | No Cover – The popular Heights icehouse and will be celebrating two great events, The Kentucky Derby and Cinco de Mayo, by offering drink specials throughout the day. Noon.
- Cinco de Derby at Wicklow Heights | No Cover – Wicklow Heights celebrates both Cinco de Mayo and the Kentucky Derby with specials on margaritas and mint juleps, food trucks, and live music. Noon.
- Cinco de Mayo at Kemah Boardwalk | No Cover – Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with live music and dance performances, kids activities, drink specials, a photo station, and a jalapeño eating contest at Kemah Boardwalk. 1pm to 10pm.
- Santo de Mayo Pub Crawl in Montrose | No Cover – Saint Arnold’s fan-favorite pub crawl returns to Montrose on Cinco de Mayo. Crawlers will begin at Rudyard’s to pick up their punch cards, then make their way to stops including The Hay Merchant, The Burger Joint, El Real, Poison Girl, Pistolero’s,
and Goodnight Charlie’s (routes will vary), before finishing with the after-party and pint glass pickup at La Grange. 2pm to 6pm.
- Cinco de Mayo Pub Crawl in Downtown – Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a pub crawl in Downtown Houston, where proceeds from tickets will go to charity. You can check in an hour before the pub crawl at El Big Bad. Tickets range from $10 to $30. 2pm to 9pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Cadillac Bar Houston – Cadillac Bar hosts their Cinco de Mayo bash with outdoor tents, exclusive tequila cocktails, giveaways, and tacos from the Taco Me Crazy food truck. 3pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Market Square Park | FREE – Sip a cerveza while listening to music from local group Los Skarnales at Market Square Park’s Cinco de Mayo celebration. 5pm.
- Cinco De Mayo Party at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with margaritas, a mechanical bull ride, DJs, live music, and authentic Mexican performances at Sugar Land Town Square. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Cinco in the City: Margaritas & Mezcal Experience at Silver Street Studios
– As the evening arrives, Cinco in the City focused on the grown-up delights of Mexico. There will be tastings
from popular local chefs like Monica Pope, live art painted by Gonzo247, plenty of drinks, live music from Bublo, a Selena impersonator, and more. $45; $100 VIP. 7pm to midnight.
- Cinco de Mayo with Mariachi Los Camperos at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE –Celebrate
Cinco de Mayo with the two-time Grammy Award-winning group, Mariachi Los Camperos at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8pm.
- Selena Movie Screening at Bagby Park | FREE – Midtown Houston hosts a special outdoor screening of Selena for Cinco de Mayo at Bagby Park. 8pm to 10pm.